Sunday, May 20, 2012

THE CAPTAIN BEEFHEART RECORD STORE DAY 7"

I love record store. I think the idea behind Record Store Day is great: you schedule some specific releases; you do some in-store concerts; it's good promo. But I do not understand the 'available on Record Store Only' blah blah.

A couple of weeks ago, I did drive to a participating record store. I did not have a lot of time, so I picked the one that was closest to home. Unfortunately, this one did not offer the Beefheart 7" that I had on top of my list. He had only received one copy, and that had been reserved for someone else.
I did ask around, and it seemed that it had sold out in the stores that carried it. Too bad.
The funny thing, however, is that you can still find loads of them for sale at ebay. For a slightly augmented price that is.

I did buy one, and it does look & sound great. But I wasn't able to buy it at Record Story Day and that's a bit sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment