Sunday, January 31, 2010

CUCAMONGA

If you read this blog every once in a while, you'll get a pretty good idea of what I'm listening to.
I listen to CDs. At home. While I'm reading or typing.
The only exceptions are the Dwalmacat radio show, my MySpace journeys, and the YouTube wanderings.

I don't listen to the radio that much. Well, I do listen to the radio in the car, but that's about it. I used to make one exception, and that was for belgian radio show, "Cucamonga", a national radio show that aired progressive rock music, world music, and, of course, Zappa and related.
A couple of years ago, the Cucamonga radio show seized to exist. It didn't fit in the 'new' remodeled view...
I was lucky when the Cucamonga crew decided to continue broadcasting by means of podcasts. Every couple of weeks, they make another mp3 radio show that you can download from the Cucamonga site.

Cucamonga Podcast number 14 was titled "Cucamonga Drinks & Goes Home ", and included tracks from the following albums:
  • Flat Earth Society: Answer Songs (ZONK!)
  • Alamaailman Vasarat: Huuro Kolkko (Laskeuma)
  • Crappydog: Sure Ain't Getting Any Younger (Oily Smoke)
  • Jos Steen & Geneviève Dartevelle: Hard Boiled Blues (SOJNEETS)
  • Jookabox: Dead Zone Boys (Asthmatic Kitty)
  • This Immortal Coil: The Dark Age Of Love (Ici d'ailleurs)
  • Do Make Say Think: Other Truths (Constellation)

http://cucamonga.be

No comments:

Post a Comment